Annual Tolkien Tag

 Hello, hello! Today's post is my answers to the 11th annual Tolkien Tag hosted by the fabulous Hamlette of The Edge of The Precipice.

1. Rohan or Gondor?

Gondor. Rohan is beautiful with a fresh color palate of green and gold. The men are strong and the royalty are hospitable and kind. But if I were to be associated with one of the two, I would choose Gondor. The fact that Gondorians are descendents of Numenor would be enough for me, but there is also the fact that they prioritize knowledge and honor.

2. Rivendell or Lothlorien?

I think I would love best Lothlorien. In my mind's eye, I see it as the more Elvish of the two, and I'm sure it is the Lady Galadriel's doing. If I wanted to slip away, I think the Golden Wood is better for it, while in Rivendell I might happen upon someone else. 

3. Erebor or Moria?

If I were to choose one in which to live in, Erebor is more practical since it is more equipped for survival, but I think I would prefer Moria if only for its history. 

4. Bilbo or Frodo?

Bilbo. Frodo has too much of the Took in him, I think. Bilbo speaks more of a Hobbit to me, and I would prefer listen to him than Frodo listening to me as would inevitably happen. 

5. Merry or Pippin?

Pippin, though they are a package deal. Tomorrow's post will go into more detail about this. 

6. Galadriel or Elrond?

Galadriel. She is a mother and a grandmother and one of the few elves left who had seen the light of the two trees. Elrond is descended from Beren and Luthian and his brother was the founding father of Numenor. He was a father to two sons, a daughter, and the future king of Gondor. But while Elrond has been noticably changed by the movements of the world, Galadriel feels of old days long gone but still lingering on.

7. Eomer or Faramir?

Faramir would be easier to share a meal with, I think.

8. Fili or Kili?

They are a package deal! They brothers and they look out for one another. If I had to choose it would be Fili (he wasn't tainted by the movies), but they have influenced each other in such a way that you cannot have one without the other.

9. Bard or Beorn?

Bard. Beorn would scare me.

10. Gandalf the Grey or Gandalf the White?

The White. Gandalf is the only wizard I would trust my life to, and I think the Grey would protect me out of duty but the White would protect me like a friend.


I'll see you tomorrow with another Tolkien related post!

Comments